top of page

200th Anniversary

1824 to 2024

MCCross2.png

Union Village United Methodist Church's
200th Anniversary
1824 to 2024

The Union Village United Methodist Church was begun by a group of early settlers, who, inspired by a camp meeting on Wolf Hill in 1824, met together for prayer in the home of Joseph Tucker. A meeting house was built at the crossroads, and dedicated December 18, 1825. In 1907 the church was closed and sold to Dr. W. F. Johnson who decided to have it reopened. An annex to the church was built in 1940. The church grew so rapidly that the present Education building was erected on a nearby site in 1955. A Sanctuary was added in 1961.

Sources:

Echoes-Sentinel  Jan 9, 1975

https://www.newspapers.com/article/echoes-sentinel/28618430/

Courier-News Sep 20, 1950

https://www.newspapers.com/article/the-courier-news-courier-news-sep-20195/28626768/

bottom of page